The SpiceUp.Ax package contains:
- SpiceUp.Ax.sdn: the distribution file that bundle together the TIBCO Spotfire® extensions,
- all the SPK files contained in the SDN file,
- SpiceUp.Ax.part0.zip: a TIBCO Spotfire® library export,
The installation of SpiceUp.Ax is a three steps procedure:
Deployment of the SpiceUp.Ax distribution package on the TIBCO Spotfire® server.
Import of a TIBCO Spotfire® library folder on the server.
- Spotfire Administrative rights on the TIBCO Spotfire® Server and Analyst 7.11 or higher. Please contact us for lower versions.
TIBCO Spotfire® extensions deployment
In this step you will deploy the SDN file we provide in the package on your TIBCO Spotfire® server. We strongly advise you to use either a test server or a test area. If you prefer to use a specific area, pay attention to the routing rules associated to the user/group who will test the SpiceUp.Ax application in the Web Player. You can find further information in the official documentation.
- Log in as an administrator on the TIBCO Spotfire® server web portal.
- Go to the Deployments & Packages area.
- Select the deployment area on which you want to deploy the SpiceUp.Ax extensions.
- Click on the "Add packages" button, then choose the .sdn file into the SpiceUp.Ax package.
- Click on "Validate area", then "Save area".
TIBCO Spotfire® library
We provide in the package a file SpiceUp.Ax.part0.zip, so the import will create in your library a folder "SpiceUp.Ax" containing the file "empty.dxp". This DXP may be useful if you want to start your web application without data at the beginning.
To import this folder:
- Copy the file SpiceUp.Ax.part0.zip on the TIBCO Spotfire® server at the location path
[TIBCO Spotfire root]\tss\[TIBCO Spotfire version]\tomcat\application-data\library\.
- Open the TIBCO Spotfire® Analyst client and log in using an administrator account.
- Open Tools > Library Administration.
- Click on "Import" and "Browse" to select the file
- Select "Library" as "Destination Folder".
Please follow instructions from the official documentation in order to update your TIBCO Spotfire® Web Player services.
Recommendations about the TIBCO Spotfire® Web Player configuration
We strongly recommend to configure HTTPS in order to secure the communication between clients and TIBCO Spotfire® Server. Please follow the official documentation.
Also, the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) must be used to reference the TIBCO Spotfire® server to avoid browser security issues (cross-site scripting).## Configuration of SpiceUp.Ax in TIBCO Spotfire®
Our TIBCO Spotfire® extension needs to be configured via the Preferences. Some of them are mandatory, others are optional. As all the other preferences, you can manage them differently according to the groups defined on your TIBCO Spotfire® server.
Launch TIBCO Spotfire® Analyst client and log in to the TIBCO Spotfire® server
(use an administrator account).
Open the Tools > Administration Manager.
Click on the "Preferences" tab.
For each relevant group(s) defined on your TIBCO Spotfire® server, edit the configuration of SpiceUp.Ax and set the following preferences (see the official documentation to have more details on the group administration):
- BaseURL: [mandatory] the target URL for the Web Panel.
- LicenseKey: [mandatory] a license key valid for SpiceUp.Ax.
- PeriodBeforeExpiration: [optional] the number of days before the license expiration during which you will be notified.
- StartDocumentPath: [optional] a document stored in the library to open with the Web Panel.
- StartPageName: [optional] the default title of the page created with the Web Panel.
- Unzip the file
- Move the folders
library\on the same location on a web server. Both must be publicly accessible.